Pinterest is a social network structured by pins, then forming tables, on specific themes or ideas – don’t worry you will understand – these “boards” are in fact files in which you will place “pins” making part of the same theme.
Pins are actually images that you can add a link to, and people will just have to click on that image to be taken to the link. We will later below how to do all of this. Users can save your posts, subscribe to your account, you can also subscribe to various accounts by going to the search section. You will find the posts of people to whom you have subscribed in the news feed 🏠 in this news feed you will also find suggested posts based on your registrations and subscriptions.
Using Pinterest when you are in the nautical world:
- Using Pinterest when you’re a nautical spot can be very useful, Pinterest is an international network; your account can therefore reach the whole world. Example: an Internet user comes on vacation to the south of France and wishes to canoe, he will search for: “canoë” “sud” “France”. You are a spot for activities and water sports don the canoe. The user lands on your page; he will see several pins talking about the subject that interests him, your pin and will click on the link you have chosen (your page on spotyride, your Facebook page, the address of your spot …). The user is therefore likely to come canoeing at your place, and this will also give you visibility.
In France, the operation will be the same:
- you are a nautical shop, you can just as easily create a Pinterest page on the principle of a catalog, beautiful images, and put a link to the address of the shop, or the online shop that you can create on spotyride.
- you are a water sports club, you want visibility; pin pictures of your competitions, you can link articles about you, or that you wrote, your sponsors etc.
- a water sports school, post pictures of the setting, the atmosphere, do you go out? activities or evenings? show it all in pictures. Show a student’s progress, make links with the course program, the different options offered, internships …
Whoever you are, Pinterest will bring you visibility, it’s not difficult to use, if you follow our advice you will quickly become a pro! ✅
With a professional account you will have access to the statistics of your publications:
- “Impressions” = the evolution of your visibility; This is the number of times your Pin has been seen on Pinterest
- the number of people who have kept your pin “records” = Each time someone saves your pin, it is a sign that you have created effective content (In addition, as soon as someone saves your pin, their subscribers also see it, which boosts your “impressions”)
- ““close-up view”: When Pinterest users click on your Pin to see it in detail.
- “click on the link “: indicates the number of people who clicked on the image to open the link (if you have included one)
- you can also see the curves of your progress, the type of audience interested in your Pins, and the “best Pins” with the most views, records.
to create a pin :
→ you just need to press“+”
→ then on “pin”
→ you need after choose a picture
→ you arrive on the pin card to enter its title, description (example: photo of the French wakeboard champion training on our spot ”) then the space to attach the link, you just have to paste the URL of the site to which you want to link the image
→ schedule: under the form section there is “immediately” which means that the post will be published immediately, but you can modify this parameter by clicking on the little pencil next to it which will allow you to define a time and a day on which you want to share this post. The post will then be published automatically on your page when you choose it. You can find this post in the “planned pins” category on your page in the “created” category (only you can see them and cancel them at any time)
→ after this phase you will click on “next” and arrive on the “choose a board” page if you have already done so in the previous section, you just have to choose the appropriate board (example: you are a surf shop, you make a post on a new board you place it in the “surfboard” board) or you can create a new board (= a new category)
To make your pin stand out on the Internet’s news feed, try to stand out: put your logo in small print on each photo, bring out the gaudy colors … try to be original!
So that your account attracts users, you can also create a feed on all your Pins or by board.
A feed is a common thread that will ensure that all your posts are harmonized. This can be a filter applied to each photo in your account (or a different filter for each table) an element that comes up (example: sunsets) … you are the one who will determine this feed so that it suits you.
On this image we have the collection of our paintings, which you can find in the “saved” category. On our Pinterest Spotyride account, we have chosen to classify our pins into different categories: the sports concerned, the regions, the shops or spots … You just have to choose how you want to classify your boards, if that helps you you can imagine that these are photos to be classified in albums, the principle is the same!
The TABLES :
- made a table
→ as for the pin you have to press “+” then on ”table” → you will then have to choose the name of the table, in order to choose the name you have to know how you want to classify your photos for example if you are a commercial ‘various nautical activities you can create a table for each activity (water skiing, jet skiing, paddle boarding ..) → you can choose to add a collaborator, if you work with a person who also has an account eg: spotyride→ and choose whether or not to show the table on your account → Once the form is completed you will be asked to choose the pins you want to add to the board and all you have to do is put the right pins in the right board. → you can create “sub-tables” in these tables that work in the same way. once the table is created you can reorganize the pins by clicking on “organize”. You will also be able to see the posts of other users that match your table by clicking on “more ideas”; Since Pinterest works by keywords if your board talks about wakeskating, posts around wakeskating will appear under “more ideas”. Pin other posts: be aware that you can pin other user’s posts to your boards: a user has pinned an article about the canoe that interested you and that will interest your subscribers,add it to your “canoe” table.
As you can see here, our “Provence-Alpes-Côte D’Azur” painting is configured as a photo album. These photos are therefore our pins concerning the paca region.